SGS is much more than just a place to work. It's a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and grow.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With 90,000 employees, SGS operates a network of more than 1,500 offices and laboratories around the world.
To conduct inspections of various types of products to verify that they conform to specific requirements prior to their export from the Unites States. The staff member will compile a report of the inspection carried out and the findings. The inspector will perform the inspections form the SGS office, going into the filed is not required.
- Execution of inspections requested by our clients
- Ensure compliance of applicable inspection rules according to Inspection Job Order (IJO)
- Executing inspection upon request from Inspection Coordinator, verifying that all information provided for inspection execution is complete and allows executing inspection
- Reporting of inspection results according to standard Inspection Report form
- On time submission of inspection report according to deadlines provided by KPI´s
- Reporting to Inspection Coordinator of any risky information detected by during inspection process, according to risk detection guidance
- Careful use of tools and materials provided by the company for inspection execution
Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school education or GED
- The ideal candidate should have an inspection, surveying, quality assurance, freight forwarding or customs background
- Detail oriented, organized and inquisitive
- Good customer relations skills are imperative
- Knowledge of specific product technical requirements is an advantage
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both verbal and written
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.