Ensures friendly and efficient customer service so that visitor, employee and/or patient will have a satisfied experience and ensure that there is a want to return.
Practices solid understanding of customer needs and customer service; able to problem resolve when needed.
COMMUNICATION - 885:
Communicates effectively The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Relates and responds in a polite and tactful manner to all customers, volunteers, fellow employees and other Hospital personnel at all times
(2) Maintains open lines of communication with Assistant Director Volunteer Services and Gift Shops and Assistant Gift Shop Manager on merchandise selection, requests, new ideas and what inventories are low
(3) Notifies Assistant Director Volunteer Services and Gift Shops and Assistant Gift Shop Manager of any customer complaints immediately; makes every effort to complete service to the customer's satisfaction
(4) Works as a team member and communicates with fellow department employees; asks for assistance when needed
(5) Does not criticize or complain to co-workers or customers
(6) Accepts constructive criticism, admits mistakes and accepts responsibility for job performance.
POINT OF SALE OPERATION:
Operates Point of Sales system accurately and efficiently The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Understand the standard operation and knows the necessary operations of the POS system.
(2) Processes guests checks with 100% accuracy.
(3) Understands procedure for processing employee payroll deduction and doctor charges.
(4) Understands how to prove drawers and does so accurately.
(5) Familiarizes self with prices and not changes as they occur.
(6) Knows proper procedure when transaction my be voided or returned.
(7) Can process cash, credit cards, employee, and other transactions accurately, can calculate change and does so with 100% accuracy.
Executes procedural duties accurately and completely The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Exhibits stocking and cleaning procedures, as time permits
(2) Familiarizes self with any new procedures, selling chances, special sales, employee consignment and trip tickets, and other functions, and, accepts new tasks willingly
(3) Accountable for work completed and any discrepancies in their cash drawer
(4) Properly opens and closes gift shop according to departmental guidelines and procedures
(5) Exhibits proper security procedures when handling money; keeps alert for possible shoplifting occurrences
(6) Adheres to proper dress code and presentation practices according to departmental and organizational dress code.
PROMPT AND EFFICENT CUSTOMER SERVICE:
Provide friendly, prompt, and efficient customer service at all times. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) demonstrates a courteous personality towards every customer; understand the value of every customer
(2) Moves customer quickly and efficiently through check out line
(3) Familiarizes self with store merchandise and prices, in order to better assist customer with selection
(4) Shows a willingness to offer suffusions to customer regarding gift selection
(5) Assists customer when necessary, by getting merchandise off shelf, out of display case, from storeroom, etc
STORE APPEARANCE AND INVENTORY:
Maintains a consistently neat shop appearance and full inventory The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Straightens products and display racks when untidy
(2) Cleans glass shelving area on a frequent basis
(3) Empties trash and supplies new liners as necessary during shift
(4) Recognizes need to blow up balloons as inventory gets low and willingly does so. Keeps balloons full and not deflated
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, patient confidentiality, and other Federal, State and Local laws and regulations, asappropriate. The content of this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work expectations performed by incumbents in this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all position duties required and performed by the incumbent in the role. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. It does not alter the ‘at will’ employment relationship between the company and the employee. The organization has the right, at its sole discretion, based on business and patient needs, to alter or change the expectations at any time.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
No Licensure or Certification Required
Excellent Communications Skills
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
General Clerical Skills
According to The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled
individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose
undue hardships on the organization.
1. Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
2. Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone.
3. Writing: Must be able to accurately document pertinent information either by writing or typing.
4. Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
Continuously within shift (67-100%): Standing
Frequently within shift (34-66%): Walking, Bending, Lifting 10 lbs. maximum & occasionally lifting &/or carrying objects
Occasionally within shift (1-33%): Sitting, Climbing, Crouching, Squatting, Kneeling, Balancing, Reaching above head, Reaching above shoulder, Lift from
floor level up, Lift from waist level up, Lift above shoulders/head, Lifting 20 lbs. maximum & frequent lifting &/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10
May be exposed to blood borne pathogens Low Risk
May be exposed to toxic, caustic, chemicals &/or detergents
May be exposed to high noise levels
May be exposed to communicable diseases