Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldCasual FORACS Range Engineer - WPB
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
Responsible for supporting dockside and at-sea sensor accuracy testing on US and NATO surface ships, submarines and helicopters for the AUTEC Project.
- Install, operate, and maintain engineering theodolites, acoustic target generation systems, radar transponders and EW simulator systems in a real time environment.
- Perform standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of operations related to shipboard sensor accuracy testing in real-time test environment.
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance on equipment and systems used during FORACS testing. Repair, troubleshoot, and perform corrective maintenance on equipment and systems.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot computer networks and associated assemblies.
- Prepare test documentation, adjusts and operates equipment, and records test data. Report deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors.
- Support engineering changes, prepare documentation, perform equipment modifications and install and test new equipment.
- Perform simple programming, device control set-up procedures, operations, fault isolation and repair of computer-controlled and embedded computer devices.
- Conduct special studies and prepare technical reports regarding equipment performance and improvement.
- Interface with naval officers and enlisted personnel to achieve the goals of the designated test.
- Monitor shipboard personnel in equipment setup and operation to ensure the quality of the data collection.
- Maintain equipment inventory, develop specifications for new equipment and prepare purchase requisitions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A.S. in Electronics or a related field preferred. Military training and/or experience may be substituted for a formal degree.
- 4 years of related electronics experience with degree, 6 years without.
- Must be familiar with naval shipboard operations, terminology, customs, traditions and protocol.
- Knowledge of acoustics theory, RF propagation theory, GPS tracking systems and computer networking.
- Knowledge of U.S. Navy surface ship, submarine and helicopter navigation and target sensor systems.
- Must be able to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach above head, sit, climb, stand, balance and crawl.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- Must be medically able to reside on a remote island with limited medical facilities and ships/submarines for short stays.
- A valid Driver’s License and US Passport is required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.