We are seeking a Category Manager to join American Tower's Supply Chain team within the Finance organization. The Supply Chain team strategically sources quality materials and services at the lowest total cost while enabling effective and efficient purchasing solutions and enhancing supplier partnerships. Day to day you will lead the sourcing function for a specific area of spend or business group. As a Category Manager you will partner cross-functionally to achieve best-in-class product quality.
Our Core Principles are the foundation of our culture, and we’re focused on achieving continued success by thinking long-term, leading with values, and creating value with decisions. Come grow your career with us!
What You Can Offer Us
- Plan, direct and implement complex business strategies through the establishment of short/long-range objectives, change management, performance goals, and metrics for each spend category.
- Design and develop organizational sourcing strategies, direct tactical and innovative sourcing programs, adapt to changing market conditions, support new business opportunities, and designs cost reduction strategies.
- Assure proper analysis and application of internal and external industry specific research information to ensure commodity/category strategy is current, risks are identified, and insights are leveraged to identify opportunities that drive value.
- Identify and manage various operational risks to minimize negative impacts while encouraging opportunity and innovation.
- Advise key stakeholders on supply chain including a detailed knowledge of the supply base and best practice sourcing strategies and negotiation tactics.
- Lead team to development strategic supplier partnerships that enhance total value.
- As a Category Manager you are responsible for the recruitment, performance management and career development of Sourcing Leads and Buyers/Senior Buyers. You’ll also be expected to cultivate a collaborative team dynamic that enables us to meet our business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.