Administers nursing care under the direction and supervision of a provider. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties needed to keep the clinical office running smoothly. Performs duties as directed and within the guidelines of appropriate education and scope of practice.
Certification or Registry as Medical Assistant from an accredited testing center, such as:
- American Medical Technologists
- American Association of Medical Assistants
- National Healthcare Association
- Certification or Registry as Medical Assistant from an accredited testing center, such as:
- High school diploma, equivalent. Completion of medical assistant program.
- A multi-tasked professional; prefer at least 2 years of experience in a medical environment
- Specialized Training
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others. Ability to comply with all Good Shepherd policies and procedures that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. Ability to effectively communicate with patients and provide competent care as appropriate to the ages of patients served by this position.
- Computer literacy is desired.