- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information on patients' charts.
- Schedules surgical procedures for Breast and General surgeons. including completion of paper work (consents, history and physicals, pre admission testing, input into EPIC, prior authorization of procedures, and medical clearance if needed)
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant program.
- Computer knowledge, EPIC (electronic medical record system knowledge, current system used at Tower Health)
- Time management/organizational skills
- Knowledge of EHR Licenses/Certificates: Certified Medical Assistant required Current American Heart Association for Healthcare Provider CPR is required.
- Previous Surgical office experience
- Previous Surgery Scheduling, helpful