The Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) is responsible for performing routine service duties and procedures necessary for the care, comfort and safety of the Sisters; including performing skills to meet the activities of daily living (ADLs) and other procedures within the scope of the CNA responsibilities. The CNA will maintain a clean, safe environment which reflects the preferences and needs of the Sisters by utilizing basic knowledge of communication techniques, infection control, safety, body mechanics, and age-related differences when providing care.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Communication skills -- both verbal and written
* Ability to remain patient and tactful while performing a variety of repetitive and sometimes unpleasant tasks
* Emotional maturity and ability to avoid intrusion of personal problems on quality and stability of service
* Previous gerontology experience preferred
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
* Current Texas Nurse Aide Certificate