Function in the surgical technologist role in the Operating Room. The surgical technologist works under the direct supervision of the perioperative RN circulator and surgeon to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. Surgical technologists possess the expertise in the theory and application and maintenance of sterile and aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive, therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. Supports the mission, vision and values of Trinity Mother Frances.
- Current Certification in Surgical Technology or is eligible to obtain certification; or has military Surg. Tech. training
- BCLS Certification
- Graduate from accredited school of surgical technology or military Surgical Tech training
- Graduate from accredited school of surgical technology
- Skills Competency Assessment upon hire
- Proficiency on departmental equipment