Performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards. Maintains aseptic techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients by demonstrating sensitivity to patient's care and privacy. Transports patients to and from Operating Room suite. Positions patients according to type of surgery. Identifies and cares for biological specimens. Prepares the Operating Room by setting up tables, instruments and supplies according to type of case.
- Current Certification in Surgical Technology or is eligible to obtain certification; or has military Surg. Tech. training
- BCLS Certification
- Graduate from accredited school of surgical technology or military Surgical Tech training
- Graduate from accredited school of surgical technology
- Skills Competency Assessment upon hire
- Proficiency on departmental equipment