At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Chaplain who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
- CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release.
- Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Chaplain coordinates all religious services, programs, and related activities at the facility. They will also provide pastoral care, including pastoral counseling.
- Provide pastoral care to inmates/residents and staff as needed or requested. Plan, facilitate or conduct various religious services and programs.
- Provide direction and oversight regarding “emergency” and/or “crisis” messages while ensuring that such reports are accurate, verified, and appropriately documented. Arrange emergency phone calls or visits to address issues involving serious illness, death, or other emergencies.
- Make rounds of all housing units, special or restricted housing, medical housing or other areas of facility on a regular basis.
- Coordinate and manage the recruitment, administrative oversight, training, and scheduling of volunteers providing services to and within the facility.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Divinity, Theology or Religion.
- A Master’s Degree from a Seminary, School of Theology, or University in Divinity, Theology, Biblical Studies, or a related field is preferred.
- Three years of full-time pastoral experience is required.
- Eligibility for denominational endorsement or equivalent certification is required.
- Clinical Pastoral Education is preferred.
- Must obtain one unit of CPE within eighteen (18) months of hire date if not currently held.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles and methods of conducting religious services, teaching religions studies, administering sacraments, and the methods, principles, and practices of counseling.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum Age Requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.