Administers religious rights or ordinances and provides moral and spiritual guidance. Visits the sick and shut-ins to counsel those in spiritual need and comforts the bereaved. Accredited by appropriate religion or church.
- MASTER'S DEGREE IN DIVINITY, THEOLOGY, PASTORAL MINISTRY OR SPIRITUALITY REQUIRED (unless level of degree not required at time of chaplaincy certification)
- COMPLETION OF A MINIMUM OF FOUR UNITS OF CLINICAL PASTORAL EDUCATION
- MINIMUM OF ONE YEAR SUPERVISED MINISTRY IN A CLINICAL SETTING POST CERTIFICATION
- EXPERIENCES WITHIN SPECIALTY AREA(S), PRESENTATIONS TO OR WITH OTHER CLINICIANS PREFERRED
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- CERTIFICATION BY APC, NACC, OR NAJC
- MUST BE ENDORSED BY LEADER OF THEIR FAITH COMMUNITY