This is an educational position in which the Chaplain Resident provides spiritual care to patients and families, associates and physicians within the context of a supervised educational process. Work hours are split between educational and ministerial activities. Individual units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) include group and individual learning components in accordance with the Standards of the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE, inc.). Residency positions are granted for a period of one year with additional units available upon successful completion of reapplication and interview. Active participation in the CPE educational process including all seminars and individual and group supervision. Assessment and provision of spiritual care of patients, families, associates and physicians through clinical assignments to specific patient care units and participation in the on-call rotation. Coordinate plan of care with other healthcare professionals and participate in patient rounds, multidisciplinary care teams and/or patient care conferences. Documentation of ministry in patient's medical record and other required departmental documentation. Chaplain Resident performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree required; Master of Divinity or Master in Theology preferred.
- Letters of reference or endorsement from one's denomination/faith group required.
- Basic knowledge of use of computer programs required.
- Demonstrated success showing sensitivity toward persons in crisis.
- Demonstrated respect for cultural and religious diversity; demonstrates non-proselytizing behavior.
- Must demonstrate openness to learning in pastoral role.
- Must demonstrate ability to work and learn in a team environment.
- Minimum of one year of experience in ministry