Responsible for analysis and reporting of various products such as crude oil, fuel oils, middle distillates, petroleum and petrochemicals, LPG & LNG gases, etc..
- Responsible for all Laboratory analysis (hands-on working on the Bench).
- Must be familiar with Heavy Fuel testing methods such as
- ASTM D4006, 473, 5708, ISO 8217 Bunker fuels
- Understand and keep current with all Laboratory safety and reporting techniques.
- Provide guidance to Laboratory Technicians to maintain proper level of training among Laboratory personnel, which can include supervisory duties.
- Complete all Laboratory reports, as applicable.
- Understand and keep current with all Laboratory analysis methods.
- Responsible for the operation of Gas Chromatograph and other Laboratory equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance and calibration of Laboratory equipment.
- Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a related science preferred, or equivalent work experience; one (1) year of direct transferable experience working in a laboratory as preferred.
- Knowledgably in ASTM, CPL, ISO, and other petroleum product specifications.
- Must be able to work with all chemical, petrochemical and petroleum products.
- Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
- Position may require an individual to return back to the laboratory, other than regular business hours, which can include evenings, weekend / holidays, when needed to meet business / customer commitments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions and work effectively under pressure while acting accordingly to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity.
- High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, while balancing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.