Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Chemist (II) is responsible for advanced laboratory procedures in a quality control laboratory. Duties are performed under general supervision. Familiar with basic laboratory equipment and techniques. Will focus on laboratory investigations, method development and method validation.
*** NOTE: We have openings on 1st shift. These openings are contract roles with the possibility to become a permanent employee ***
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Will conduct investigations on atypical results, conduct analyst inverviews to identify root cause for the result and drive retesting to confirm or invalidate the initial result.
- Generate out of specification reports and non-conformance reports. Communicate any out of specification or non-conformance issues to the quality assurance / material review team.
- Perform method development on new methodologies that will be brought in-house.
- Perform method optimization on methods that are not producting optimal results and need work for specificity, accuracy or reproducibility.
- Perform method validations on new or optimized methods to ensure specificity, accuracy and reproducibility.
- Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus. Prepares solutions, suspensions and media to perform essential laboratory procedures.
- Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects and may assist in preparing data for evaluation. Keeps supervisor informed of work status.
- Prioritizes workload and meets scheduled timelines.
- Informs supervisor of equipment and supply needs required to avoid delays in testing.
- Reports results of assignments and maintains and performs related record keeping in compliance with approved regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements. Follows and complies with all appropriate operations and testing procedures, GMPs and safety and health requirements as applicable.
- Demonstrates good housekeeping practices to minimize analytical mix ups, potential laboratory contamination and safety hazards. Understanding and handling of hazardous materials and waste using proper and safe techniques. Selected qualified associates, at the discretion of the Quality Control/Quality Management, will be responsible for handling hazardous waste management.
- Train other analysts on testing procedures.
- Perform minor troubleshooting on instrumentation.
- As required, maintains laboratory standards.
- Periodically performs duties of a higher position for the purpose of training and development.