Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Chief Engineer. The position is located in Dayton and/or Columbus, OH with travel to regional sites as required.
We are seeking a Chief Engineer in our National Security Business Unit, Cyber Business Line, Trusted and Assured Microelectronics portfolio. As the Chief Engineer, you’ll live our core values – Unity, Creativity, Collaboration, Excellence and Appreciation.
At Battelle Cyber, we solve the toughest problems in the world. We take a cross-discipline approach to invent and apply new technologies to support MINSEC and ERI (Microelectronics Innovation for National Security and Economic Competitiveness & Electronics Resurgence Initiative) efforts to secure the microelectronics supply chain for government and commercial clients.
As Chief Engineer you’ll be responsible for:
- Positioning Battelle Cyber and their clients as technical leaders within the MINSEC community
- Serving as a member of the Battelle Cyber Trust and Assurance leadership team
- Interfacing with senior technical and programmatic customers
- Chairing a Program Engineering Review Board and supporting a Configuration Control Board
- Owning the technical baseline and technical processes for program(s)
- Determining flow-down of program technical requirements and processes through the WBS and to teammates
- Providing strategic technical guidance
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive program technical roadmap and delivering technical accomplishments
- Delivering quality technical and research reports
- Working with the Quality Manager to drive workflow processes and continuous process improvement
- Supporting major capture and proposal efforts
You know how to motivate teammates, are driven and comfortable rolling up your sleeves. You thrive in a fast-paced, cross-discipline, collaborative environment. You are strategic, adaptable, and flexible. You meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, CS, CE, Math, Physics, the Physical Sciences, or equivalent
- 15+ years of technical leadership in software, hardware and/or embedded domains
- Experience supporting OSD, DoD CIO, AFRL or a DoD Laboratory
- Experience as the technical leader of a large research program of >$25M annual business volume, 10 or more subcontractors across multiple business locations
- Experience leading system engineering trade-offs and guiding project, technical and task leads
- Experience developing processes around automated workflows, highly complex instrumentation, and software/firmware systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to executive level - management and customers
- Experience leading a team of experts in physical sciences developing novel techniques, instrumentation and processes on a complex technical infrastructure
- Experience advocating and driving adoption of industry best practices
- Experience working with academia and industry partners
- Willingness to travel to regional office sites and partner locations across the United States
- Must be a US Person with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS Clearance
- Graduate degree in EE, CS, CE, Math, Physics the Physical Sciences or equivalent
- Microelectronics or foundry experience
- Experience establishing and running Innovation Centers using traditional and non-traditional processes
- Experience developing a technical workforce including formal training programs and working with education partners
- Experience leading niche capability providers, instrumentation vendors, academia
- Understanding of commercial and non-traditional contracting processes
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers