WKRC has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Chief Photographer to lead our staff of Photographers and Multimedia Journalists (MMJs). We are looking for a leader who knows how to tell great stories with video and sound, and can inspire excellence from the staff. Our Chief Photographer manages, evaluates, and develops a team of photographers and MMJs. Along with daily news gathering, the Chief Photographer is responsible for recruiting and training staff photographers and editors, and ensuring vehicle and equipment maintenance is being performed regularly.
Candidate must be able to perform the following:
- Provide constructive feedback on shooting and editing of videographer staff
- Train staff on ENG truck and Live U operation
- Assist News Director with hiring and scheduling of staff
- Maintain Avid system
- Must have at least three 3 years of television news photography and non-linear editing experience
- Must also be professional, organized, and highly motivated
- Knowledge and experience with television news photography is required
- Technical knowledge of SAT vehicles, LIVE U, and AVID editing is a must
- The ability to work with reporters and Multimedia Journalists, as well as independently be able to gather and meet news deadlines is required
While completing the online application, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.