Under the general supervision of the manager of Child Life/Child Development, interacts with patients and families, evaluates their development skills and psychosocial needs and provides them with a variety of appropriate and purposeful medical play and development medical play and developmental experiences that will elevate their quality of life during health care visit and enhance their personal development. Facilitates Child Life advocacy through collaboration with other health care providers.
- Bachelor's degree in Child Life or related field required.
- Master's degree in related field preferred.
- Must have completed a Child Life internship from an accredited Child Life Teaching program
- Must have knowledge of growth and development and understanding of communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have working knowledge of educational development and understanding hospital policies and a system's knowledge of medical terminology and procedures.
- Be able to problem solve, be creative, take initiative, and work independently
- Bilingual/Spanish skills desired/recommended
- Previous experience working with children required.
- Previous therapeutic use of play materials/activities required
- Must obtain and maintain Child Life certification within one year of hire.
- AHA BLS certification is required