Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Our claims operations, including our Claims Business Process Analysts, are the focal point of handling information about services patients receive and the way those services get paid. It's complex, detailed work. It's fast paced challenge. It's a job that calls on you to be thoughtful, resourceful, team-driven and customer-focused. To put it mildly, there is never a dull moment.
- Provide expertise claims support for all related aspects of claim system processes and claim business rule
- Ensure data integrity, data security and process optimization by identifying trends and provide reports as necessary
- Perform capacity planning and reporting
- Facilitate development of process documentation
- Use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise.
- Investigate non-standard requests and problems, with some assistance from others.
- Insure claims are processed in the system on a daily basis
- Troubleshoots and reports claims submission issues and results including format, data requirements, and technical problems.
- Troubleshoot issues to detect Inconsistencies and or errors effecting production.
- Responsible for claim edit resolution.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience healthcare setting.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word (ability to create / save / edit documents) and Microsoft Excel (ability to create / save / edit speadsheets)
- Prior experience to managing multiple projects
- Prior experience working with a (PMS) practice management systems (Athena, Epic, Allscripts, IDX Groupcast, Flowcast or Centricity)
- Prior (HIPAA Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) experience
- Efficient and accurate keyboarding and typing skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Claims, Analysts, Athena, Epic, Allscripts, IDX Groupcast, Flowcast or Centricity, Irving