Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Process Medical Billing
- Provide Quality Assurance for Billing
- Understanding specific account profiles
- Provide expertise or general claims support by reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing and adjusting claims
- Authorize appropriate payment or refer claims to investigators for further review
- Analyze and identify trends and provides reports as necessary
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Provide excellent customer service
- Certified Professional Coder would be preferred but not required for this position
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience with Claims and / or Billing
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work an 8 hour shift between 7:00 am - 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- Previous data entry experience
- Certified Coder experience
- Knowledge of medical coding
- Experience with any Medical Billing software of any type
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent typing skills
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse
- Office environment
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Claims Representative, Norristown, PA, Medical Billing Analyst, Certified Coder, medical coding