Claims Specialist with exceptional customer service skills to join our claims team. This position has the important role of helping our customers in their time of need as they report a life insurance claim. Attention to detail is a must. This role is located in Austin, Texas in the Domain and works under the direction of the Claims supervisor.
Essential Job Duties:
• Answer and respond to inbound telephone inquiries from policyholders, or their representatives, and provide excellent service during their claims inquiries.
• Open, catalog, respond and file incoming mail and claims transactions.
• Prepare written correspondence for new claims within established time requirement.
• Collect complex claims transactions and input data into the Claims Processing System.
• Reconcile, file and balance claims transactions daily.
• Assess, research and correct claims discrepancies, collaborating with other members of the team as needed.
• Comply with HIPAA and other privacy regulations.
• Assist with research to locate beneficiaries and heirs when needed.
• Cross train and assist with other related Claims Specialist duties when needed.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma and 1-year experience in customer service, data entry or claims processing.
• Ability to input many data transactions with a high degree of accuracy.
• Life insurance background preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically by telephone and in person.
• Ability to maintain professionalism in dealing with representatives, clients and coworkers.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently.
• Ability to work effectively on a team.
• Ability to address issues/concerns in a professional manner.
• Ability to maintain working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
• Ability to work Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Please call Michael at 512-795-8635.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.