The General is seeking a Claims Supervisor to join our company.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement in the ranks – if you’ve got the ambition. (Just don’t try and achieve the rank of General –there’s only one of him!) The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.Responsibilities
What You'll Do
As the Claims Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing day to day administrative and technical supervision of a staff of Claims Representatives whose primary tasks are the adjudication and settlement of property damage only claims. Your role will oversee the staff adjusters to ensure that file handling meets company standards and statutory guidelines. You will direct work assignments, manage work schedules and review work-in-progress. Responsibilities include:
- Review files for accuracy and completion.
- Grant authority on claim reserves and payments.
- Monitor pending and reserve adequacy within the unit.
- Review incoming file assignments and work load, ensuring appropriate distribution amongst adjusters.
- Provide performance feedback and training to associates.
- Administer quarterly and annual performance evaluations.
- Resolve elevated calls from customers.