Do you have a Class-A CDL with Hazmat endorsement? Do you have a good driving record? Do you have warehouse experience? Do you have a positive outlook and excellent communication skills? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an independent, experienced, and career-minded Commercial Driver to be part of a close, efficient team that delivers goods and services to a diverse customer base using a company delivery truck. This position is also responsible for Warehouse responsibilities and maintaining relationships with customers. We are looking for someone who can drive a forklift and assist as necessary. A positive attitude and willingness to grow and build relationships with team members and customers is expected.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Ability to contribute to a team approach by being versatile, flexible, and having a positive outlook in your interactions with co-workers and customers – can effectively multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Present a professional image to our customer through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness
- Day to day duties fluctuate constantly and this individual must be flexible and open to change.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with Class-A CDL and HAZMAT endorsement
- Forklift Driving Certification (offered on the job, if necessary)
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, pallet jack, and other equipment as required
- Ability to repetitively bend and lift boxes and bags up to 80 pounds
- Willing to work extended hours during peak season
- Strong computer skills, mechanical skills, and general knowledge of the area are a plus!
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Respond to inquiries in a timely, accurate, and appropriate manner
- Perform all warehouse inspections.
- Perform daily and monthly inventory counts
- Help maintain branch cleanliness
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs on all vehicles
- Perform vehicle safety inspections
- Meet and complete all WECO regulatory safety requirements
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Notify Supervisor or Branch Manager immediately if product spills
- Keep current on company training
- All other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager before applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)