At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Classification Supervisor who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
- CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release.
- Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Classification Supervisor is responsible for aspects of inmate/resident incarceration related to housing and welfare.
- Analyze, comprehend and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations, legal and non-legal documents, including the processing of such documents as medical instructions, commitment orders, summons and other legal writs.
- Comply with the requirements of applicable regulations, laws, rules, procedures, policies, standards and/or contract in the classification of inmates.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in social or behavioral science or a closely related field.
- Five years work experience with inmates/residents, social work, inmate/resident classification, probation and parole, inmate/resident rehabilitation or penology preferred.
- Additional related education or work experience may be substituted on an equivalent time basis.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.