Segal is seeking an Insurance Associate to join our New York City and currently remote-based insurance consulting team. The ideal candidate enjoys a challenging environment. We are committed to career development in professional insurance and delivering trusted advice that improves lives.
If you are ready to contribute in a meaningful way on day one, this opportunity is for you.
The Insurance Associate plays a critical role in prioritizing and coordinating technical and operational support to the Segal Select team members. The candidate will have operational skills and abilities to include multitasking and working on an independent basis to effectively prioritize and self-manage the completion of assigned responsibilities and projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review renewal and new business policy submissions for completeness, data entry and carrier/client email communication regularly through our AMS 360 system
- Coordinate the accurate and thorough assembly of new business proposals
- Develop and continually maintain a Practice-wide schedule of insurance for top accounts and produce reports for client meetings
- Develop your insurance industry knowledge and potential through our developmental programs
-Create presentations (including webinars, one-pagers, client presentations), document reports, special projects and communications
- Remote working arrangements will be considered
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Insurance or related field
- Minimum one year of experience in the insurance industry; previous experience within a Property & Casualty insurance services environment preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of AMS 360 or similar system helpful.
- A demonstrated ability to function independently, effectively prioritize, and multitask while meeting multiple deadlines
- Strong analytical and detail-orientation; effective communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with a diverse audience of clients and employees.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.