SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Client Specialist needed in fast-paced contract testing laboratory setting, to perform sample receipt/entry, analytical report preparation, and customer support activities. The Client Specialist acts as one of our customers’ key contacts within the laboratory. In this position, you will provide our clients with outstanding customer service using excellent communications skills and automated information systems.
- Inspect incoming samples and verify complete and accurate submittal paperwork is present.
- Communicate directly with clients via phone and email, regarding questions, clarifications or discrepancies regarding incoming samples.
- Log Incoming samples into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Proof sample entries in the LIMS.
- Send Sample Receipt Confirmation emails to clients.
- Build analytical reports from the LIMS.
- Review and send analytical reports to clients.
- Scan all incoming sample submittal paperwork and save documents to the main computer server.
- Maintain proper filing and storage of physical sample submittal paperwork.
- Respond to inquiries from clients, whether received by phone or email.
- Answer phones in a timely, courteous manner.
- Maintain good client relationships.
- Adhere to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from a recognized four-year college with a specialization in science
- Professional experience in chemistry or quality control preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in physical science (e.g., Chemistry)
- Previous experience working in a fast pace contract laboratory environment.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Demonstrated high-level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Word and Excel.
- ICP-MS, ICP-OES, IC
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status a s a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.