Look for more than answers.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast-moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
As a Database Staff Scientist, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge.
This professional will work on-site in Marlborough, MA (when we return to the office).
Database Staff Scientist – the role:
The Database Staff Scientist will participate in design, development, validation, and implementation of new clinical database workflows and technology enhancements, including QC workflow, clinical annotation/curation process development, external database integration, testing/validation scripts, and other tools/workflows related to genetic diagnostics. This professional will also consult on process and technology improvements within R&D, Operations, Quality Assurance and IT departments.
• Clinical database design and development
• Provide leadership in technical decisions affecting product development issues. Identify problems, investigate alternatives, and recommend possible courses of action
• Serve as a subject matter expertise in clinical db technologies/workflows
• Prepare reports and analysis of results as related to product/process development and improvement
• Guide and mentor other scientists, engineers, and project team members
• Work with team members and other Business Unit personnel (R&D, Operations, product transfer, project management, and quality departments) to meet department and project objectives.
• Prepare and/or contribute to articles/abstracts for publication or presentation
• Participate in resolution of support requests where clinical database tools are used
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Two+ years of experience with T-SQL database development
• Basic understanding of genetics (education and/or experience)
• One+ year of hands-on experience databasing/processing DNA sequencing results (variants and QC data)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional preferred qualifications:
• Advanced understanding of genetics
• Two+ years of hands-on experience with design and development of db processing of next-generation sequencing results
• Four+ years of clinical or pharmacogenomics database development experience
• Two+ years of experience with clinical annotation pipelines/workflows
• Two+ years of experience using/incorporating genetics databases (ClinVar, COSMIC, TCGA, gnomAD, etc.)
• Some CI/CD, version control experience
• Two+ years of experience generating regulatory and process documentation (SOPs, validations, test reports, etc.)
• Some experience with API utilization, Perl, Python and shell scripting
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity/Citizenship.