The Respiratory Therapy Director of Clinical Education insures the availability of clinical sites for the educational experience of the respiratory therapy students. It is the responsibility of the Director of Clinical Education to prepare the students for their clinical experience with lab practice, classroom lectures and scheduling of physicals for clinical placement.
- Scheduling/Coordination of student clinical and lab hours.
- Scheduling of clinical instructors at clinical sites.
- Monthly verification that students have met their clinical objectives.
- Maintenance of documented quarterly communications with all clinical affiliates, via a simple open newsletter or the like, to relay important clinical information, (i.e.: upcoming schedule changes, testing, documentation, etc.).
- Assist with pre-clinical classroom and other instruction assignments.
- Help to obtain new clinical affiliates as required by the program.
- Inventory, procure equipment/supplies, and assure readiness of the clinical laboratory. Report all broken, defective or needed equipment to Program Director and the Academic Dean immediately and suggest remedy.
- Document visits to all clinical sites on a regularly scheduled basis as approved by the Program Director.
- Audit student weekly clinical sites on a regularly scheduled basis as approved by the Program Director.
- Score student’s oral examinations.
- Attend all local R.T. society and other Respiratory Care community functions when not conflicting with school duties.
- Attend all program graduation ceremonies.
- Process students’ physical examination reports to assure compliance.
- Be available in person, by phone or other methods of communication at any time a student is in clinic, to solve problems as they arise.
- Assist the Program Director with any assigned projects.