Join the Quest team at our Regional Reference Lab! Working in the Microbiology group, advance your knowledge and specialty skill.
In cooperation with the department manager, the microbiologist instructs and performs routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens in microbiology. The ideal candidate will have one or more years specialized experience in the following disciplines:
- Urine Culture
- Respiratory Culture
- Stool Culture
- Wound Culture
- Fluid Culture
- CSF Blood Culture
- Gram Stains
- Trichrome / OPs
- Rapid Antigem Testing
- BS in Medical Technology preferred;
- or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology
- or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology,
- or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990.
- Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
- 1 year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly complex testing for those with BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology.
1. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
2. Must interact with other departments.
3. Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills are important.
4. Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
Key Word Search
• MT/CLS – Microbiology: Microbiology, Microbiologist, Molecular Microbiology, Bacteriology, Mycology, Phycology, Virology, Public Microbiologist
• MT/CLS – Hematology: Hematology, Hematologist , Hematological, Hemoglobin, Blood Bank, Coagulation, CBC (Complete Blood Count)
• MT/CLS – Immunochemistry: Immunochemistry, Immunochemist, Immunochemical, Assay Validation - ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay), Immunology, Chemistry, Chemoimmunology
• MT/CLS – Chemistry: Chemistry, Chemoimmunology , Immunochemistry, Immunoassays, electrochemistry, Chemical Science
• MT/CLS – Toxicology or PDM – Toxicology, Pain, Pain Management, Pain Monitoring, LCMS, mass spectrometry, LCMSMS