The Clinical Research Director will provide leadership and technical assistance for clinical and translational research endeavors. The Director will supervise the Clinical Research Office Team to assure success in clinical research efforts, high level performance and effective quality assurance/quality control.
The Director will support the Chief Academic Officer in developing a research agenda and partnering with key investigators within the Reading Hospital, as well as external collaborative sites. The Director will review potential research ideas and provide advice regarding study methods, protocol development, potential funding sources, and manuscript completion. The Director will advise internal stakeholders regarding the scientific merit of potential studies. The Director will foster and support collaboration between the investigator, clinical staff, and research unit staff. The Director will assist investigators in grant submissions. The Director will provide guidance and recommendations for the growth and development of a research that is fiscally responsible and addresses the strategic plans of the organization.
Responsibilities include clinical research development- including development of a microbiology laboratory, clinical research office representative & resource, clinical research management & clinical trials office staff development.
- MD/DO or PHD
- 5+ years experience in clinical research
- Experience demonstrating program and resource management across multiple projects, as well as proven leadership abilities
- Experience with development of medical laboratories strongly preferred.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Teambuilding Skills
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and SAS.
- BLS CERTIFICATION