FUNCTION: Responsible for the operational success of WinMed. This position will ensure that all in-scope services are delivered in an effective and efficient manner and demonstrate an understanding of the importance of WinMed's Mission Statement in performing all aspects of this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Listed below are intended to describe the essential functions and requirements of this job; and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements.
- Provides leadership and day-to-day management and oversight to all clinical operations and in-house pharmacy management. Provides hands on supervision, leads by example and motivates team members to deliver measurable, accountable, and cost-effective results. Oversight of the practice management and electronic health record system and related support personnel.
- Ensures compliance with primary health care policies and procedures, as well as those of external regulatory and accrediting bodies such as HRSA, HIPPA, OSHA and CLIA.
- Works in partnership with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to assess departmental productivity. Analyzes productivity through predetermined measures and provides ongoing support and solutions to ensure productivity targets are met in all departments.
- Coordination of all patient scheduling for the practice.
- Provides oversight of provider scheduling to balance productivity, access, and quality care. Ensures physician schedules are maintained, including vacation, CME, and clinic schedules.
- Creates and monitors performance measures to analyze and improve patient flow through the health center system.
- Provides oversight to the stocking and ordering of appropriate supplies to ensure smooth clinical operations and flow.
- Collaborates with Office Managers to ensure patient safety and uninterrupted clinical operations.
- Functions as liaison for issues concerning clinical quality and operational issues for the health center.
- Collaborates with Quality and Risk Management to ensure patient satisfaction and address patient complaints/grievances and ensures appropriate resolution.
- Works in partnership with the with CFO and site managers, on preparing clinical operation budgets while considering revenue, cost, optimal clinical staffing including providers, quality and clinical work flows.
- Reviews and monitors budgets throughout the fiscal year and makes expenditure adjustments as needed to appropriately manage operational costs.
- Ensures and promotes the practice of team based care and integrated health care.
- Complete various special projects as assigned, which may require reviewing and analyzing information, identifying problems, recommending solutions and writing reports.
- Ability to create and provide solutions to problems and manages the implementation process to ensure successful outcomes.
- Set realistic administrative goals.
- Organize and conduct regular staff meetings.
- Administer and address patient and employee concerns and/or complaints.
- Liaison between providers, clinical staff, billing and upper management.
- Coordination of all clinical duties for staff to maximize efficiency.
- Maintain policies and procedures for scheduling, registration and billing.
- Displays a caring and helpful attitude when interacting with patients, vendors and fellow employees. Strives to build cooperative partnerships, by treating all people both inside and out of WinMed as a customer.
- Follows established policies and procedures for safety, infection and exposure control.
- Attend training and continuing education to stay informed and knowledgeable in all areas relating to practice administration.
- Other duties and special assignments as assigned.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws.
- Working knowledge of regulations governing the operation of medical practices..
- High degree of health and clinical administration knowledge with special understanding of the problems and techniques of urban and multi-cultural health care delivery.
- Minimum of 5-year healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience in an FQHC settings preferred.
Education – A Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Public Administration, Health Care Administration, Public Health, or Finance related field required. Master's degree preferred. Master of Social Work may be considered in conjunction with relevant experience