Mortgage Closing Specialist:
This position is responsible for all areas of home mortgage including closing and post-closing activities. (Coordinating closing schedules, drawing document packages, funding first mortgages, input fund loans, and processing investor delivery). Reviews critical closing information, ensures data is accurate in all systems, works with title companies to resolve any issues, verifies all closing conditions are met, and processes closed loan files for post-closing/delivery.
* Located in Plymouth, MN
* Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. To 4:30 P.M.
* Pay is $22+ per hour DOE
* Supports all post-closing functions.
* Reviews and completes closed loan file checklist.
* Reviews closed loan files for compliance and document errors.
* Prepares closed files for optical scanning.
* Monitors document recording and final title policies. Ensures timely validation of completion.
* Processes insurance requests and verbal VOE s.
* Provides assistance with loan file preparation loans to be sold.
* Processes checks for fees associated with mortgage loans.
* Reviews and prepares loan files for Tena and FNMA audits.
* Orders and monitors appraisals through appraisal management system.
* Submits and reviews appraisals to FNMA portal.
* Meets department goals and deadlines.
* Annual compliance training.
Post-Closing Specialist Requirements:
* Knowledge of complete mortgage lending process
* High degree of attention to detail
* Able to multi-task
* Problem solving skills
* Knowledge of all laws, regulations, and procedures applicable to the preparation of mortgage loan documentation
* Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and time constraints
* Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or related field.
* 3+ years' mortgage related experience with conventional, and portfolio closing, including FNMA and FHLMC
*FHA/VA Experience desired
* Accurately applies technical job knowledge and skills to complete all work in a timely manner in accordance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements while managing varying degrees of work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.