What Cloud/Data Senior Analyst contributes to Cardinal Health
This position will work as part of a team bringing new services and enhancing current ones in the Data Marketplace for our analytics clients. Our goal is to enable and optimize the marketplace so that our analytists, data scientists, and other consumers of data have the best possible experience in order to bring value to Cardinal Health.
- Support engineering requirements of Legacy / On-Prem enterprise applications and develop cloud migration solutions.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve to remediate issues prohibiting migration or uncovered by migration.
- Support the full project lifecycle - discovery, analysis, architecture, design, documentation, building, migration, automation and production-readiness.
- Collaborative will share information, best practices and experiences with others and will be willing to embrace new and innovative ideas.
- Ability to learn open-source technologies: Java, MySQL, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Assist in designing and developing a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Proficient with SQL
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Participates in the definition and approval of data engineering design patterns to be used for general re-use on multiple implementations
- Help design data models, perform associated data engineering activities to meet business needs
- Experience developing standards in partnership with Engineering, Infrastructure Service, and Application Development to select appropriate technical solutions.
- Experience with multi-threaded, Big Data, and distributive Cloud architectures and frameworks, including using Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloudera, Hive, Spark, and Elasticsearch to conduct Big Data analytics
- Experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes, including document parsing techniques and managing large data sets, such as multi-TB scale deployed environments while adhering to service-level agreements
- 1+ years of work experience with ETL, data modeling, and business intelligence big data architectures.
- Experience with Python and shell scripting.
- Basic understanding of advanced data warehousing concepts and track record of applying these concepts on the job.
- 1+ years' experience with API development in various open source technologies (Spark, Hadoop, R, Apache Beam, Kafka)
- 1+ or more years of experience with open source development tool chain (SVN, Git, Jenkins, etc)
- Ability to learn user access, authentication, user permission management and security, LDAP, AD, Kerberos
- Ability to learn tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, etc. to build automation, CI/CD, Self-Service pipelines.
- Experience with restful services, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, cloud system (AWS) and micro-services.
- Experience with many GCP technologies: Compute Engines, Auto Scaling, Load Balancing, Container Service, object storage, VPC, data pipeline development, BQ.
- Cloud/Data Engineering Certifications (preferred)
- Experience with Machine Learning (preferred)
- Broad experience in developing cloud migration solutions in either AWS or GCP (GCP preferred)
- Participate in sprint planning meetings to contribute with estimations and development strategy
- Drive cost savings with ownership of software designs and architecture
- Learn about business use cases, problems and identify technology solutions
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- A passion for technology - we are looking for someone who is keen to leverage their existing skills and seek out new skills and solutions.
- Intellectual curiosity and a tenacious appetite for troubleshooting is required
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.