Capgemini Government Solutions (CGGS) LLC is seeking a highly motivated Cloud Database Administrator to join our team to support our government clients. This is a remote role, the candidate can be located anywhere in the United States. The successful applicant needs to have extensive working knowledge implementing, migrating and managing Microsoft SQL Server and Azure SQL Server databases in an enterprise cloud computing environment. This applicant will have subject matter expertise with Microsoft Azure with a deep knowledge of cloud database technologies and ability to align technology solutions to specific business objectives.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to apply and grow their skillset and work with a motivated and entrepreneurial team, engage with a wide range of stakeholders, and build CGGS' capabilities by serving our clients.
As an Cloud Database Administrator, you will:
- Support Federal Government clients in their cloud operations to enhance, optimize, and maintain their computing capabilities across their technical landscape.
- Interview clients and collaborate with CGGS team members to understand application current state.
- Participate in clients' and or internal team working sessions to identify, categorize, prioritize and analyze data and information to work into cloud database migration and maintenance action plans.
- Work with the larger project teams to migrate legacy applications databases and related artifacts to their cloud platform.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain Government Security Clearance (Public Trust -High-Risk).
- Minimum8 Years ofCloud DBA work experience required with Microsoft SQL Server. Other database product experience with Azure is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science \u0026ldquo;orequivalent\u0026rdquo;8 years of relevant experience to substitute bachelor's degree.
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot complex SQL stored procedures and trigger code.
- Experience writing SSIS packages, designing, implementing, and maintaining stored procedures, triggers, indexes, constraints in production, test, and development environments.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database referential integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Strong knowledge of index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, SSIS, SSMS, SSRS, SSAS, PerfMon, DMVs)
- Proactively benchmark database performance to mitigate performance and scalability issues.
- Work with Quality Assurance Team on issue reporting, resolution, and change control.
- Support and Troubleshooting – Assist Operations Team with any environment, database defects and configuration issues identified during application deployment across Development, QA, Staging, and Production environments.
- Assist other teams, end users' and clients with troubleshooting problems that may arise from databases, applications, or integration of various components.
Nice to have Skills/Qualifications
- Azure Data Engineer or Data Scientist Certification.
- Experience working with JSON and XML
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KBs, entity relationship diagrams, whitepapers, topology diagrams).
- Previous Federal Government experience.
- Experience with FedRamp environments.
- Experience working in a Windows Azure Environment, Visual Studio SSIS Database package solutions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client's opportunities in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries.Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high quality services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us atwww.capgemini-gs.com.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)