Clayton is making a great effort to movie customer facing websites and mobile applications (among much more) to the cloud. We are looking for a AWS Cloud Engineer to play a large role in designing and deploying cloud solutions by using best practices and procedures. You will also provide cloud assistance, troubleshooting and support. In this role, you will be able to mentor, train and lead fellow colleagues.
- Develop and implement internal systems, processes, and best practices to be used by other teams designed to increase productivity.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud.
- Recommend architecture to meet business requirements.
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architecture.
- Create and implement automation for cloud platforms as well as monitoring and alerting purposes.
- Troubleshoot production issues and respond to after-hours escalations.
- Verify and resolve configuration and other non-software related issues.
- Actively participate in design discussion for series to be delivered in the cloud.
- Work directly with platform/category teams to document and support infrastructure automation, software delivery, and testing solutions.
- Collaborate with Release Engineers and platform/category teams to assist with issues regarding infrastructure and applications.
- Collaborate with our cloud Engineers and Software Engineers to help deliver infrastructure as code.
- Provide support for prod/non-prod escalations raised from operations and site teams.
- Assist in the design and implementation of security technology solutions related specifically to securing environments hosted in the cloud.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information sciences or related focus.
- Expertise in Windows operating systems.
- Expertise in network architecture, including load-balancing, DNS, BGP, IPSec, VPNs, and active-active/multi-homed data centers.
- Expertise in security best practices and use of firewalls, IPS/IDS, encryption, and incident response.
- Familiar with the interworking of Web applications and relational databases.
- Hands-on experience with a AWS Cloud and some of its components: EC2, CloudWatch, Redshift, ELB, etc.
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site fitness facility
- On-site restaurant
- Team Share Quarterly Bonus