Cast.era, a joint-venture between Sinclair Broadcast Group and South Korea’s leading mobile operator SK Telecom, based in Arlington, VA, is looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer to help drive the transfer of SK Telecom leading wireless, cloud and A.I. technologies into the US market.
- You are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates. People count on you for your expertise in all phases of the software development cycle.
- You partner with co-workers, development teams, and external partners to enhance cloud computing platform, identify new automation techniques, and integrate solutions into cloud computing infrastructure.
- You will design and develop in an integrated DevOps Agile environment.
You will succeed in this role because you have:
- The ability to define and self-manage cross-functional projects fueled by ambiguous questions. You are a self-starter, curious and not afraid to ask when in doubt
- 10+ years’ software engineering and IT experience
- Proven track record of success in leadership positions
- Developing, integrating; testing and deploying highly automated cloud infrastructure orchestration and management solutions. In addition, you will be leading development activity in OpenStack ecosystem, coordinating upstream contribution effort in Cast.era.
- Developing the cloud infrastructure and DevOps transformation initiatives
- Participate in a fully implemented DevOps environment
- Customize and Integrate various open source software-based solutions related to ATSC3.0 broadcasting system
- Work independently as well as with teammates on technical projects, issues/problem resolution, systems and applications.
- Adjust projects to adapt to changing requirements and engage IT resources from other areas.
- Be an active participant in the OpenStack Platform, Kubernetes, and related open source community projects
- Work on the project management for focal point of residency service and checking/ monitoring the Cloud infrastructure
- Report on planning, technical support, evaluation of server/ infrastructure management
- Analysis the machine status, configuration management (system BIOS update, firmware update)
It will help if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or at least 5 years of equivalent work experience in defining architecture for complex cloud infrastructure system
- Ability to plan and design new complex infrastructure and application services that interact across networked application components and technologies
- Experience and deep knowledge with Cloud Computing and hosted system
- Experience and deep Knowledge of the OpenStack project ecosystem and hands-on development / coding experience.
- Experience with Cloud Native CNCF project ecosystem, especially around Kubernetes platform
- Experience supporting large scale, elastic, highly available cloud environment orchestration
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) systems
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or comparable technical studies
- 5+ years of experience developing in a Linux environment with an advanced knowledge of Go or Python; Go knowledge is a big plus
- A solid understanding of multiple hypervisor technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Agile software development experience
- Proven experience working with US based corporation
- Better understanding the market trend for ATSC3.0 technology and OTT
- Proficiency with Jira Agile, Confluence, preferred
- Fluency speaking and reading Korean, a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Coverage
- Vacation and 10 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs, including large on-site wellness facilities
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)