Look for more than answers.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast-moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
As a Cloud Engineering Senior Manager, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
This is a 100% remote opportunity with preference given to candidates in the US Eastern Time Zone.
Cloud Engineering Senior Manager, the role:
The Cloud Engineering Senior Manager will manage a team of Cloud Engineers in the US and India. Cloud Engineers (CEs) are hybrid software and system engineers responsible for maintaining and enhancing Quest’s Cloud footprint. CEs integrate with the infrastructure operations team and exemplify the DevSecOps mindset, splitting their time between operational tasks such as break-fix, and development tasks such as automation, scaling and adding new features. Working closely with Quest’s engineering and architecture teams, the CEs play a key role in building, monitoring, and maintaining the tools and systems that support Quest’s cloud applications. The Cloud Engineering Senior Manager position is a player/coach role. The Senior Manager will manage the team of Cloud Engineers while performing the responsibilities of the Senior Cloud Engineer.
- Act as a bridge between developers, architects, engineers and Vendor Support to solve problems and enhance the security, reliability and performance of the platform.
- Work with Architecture and Design team to provide subject matter expertise and guidance to the infrastructure operations teams.
- Automate all aspects of the technology lifecycle from deployment through to decommissioning.
- Build systems that proactively monitors the security, health and performance of cloud applications.
- Work with Enterprise CI/CD/DevOPS teams to build out the appropriate infrastructure processes that support consistent and repeatable deployment for our container and virtual machine platforms.
- Be an ambassador for the DevSecOps mindset in both technical and non-technical settings.
- Hire talent, manage performance and retain staff. Develop and coach employees.
- Supervise three exempt level Cloud Engineers.
To qualify, the ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree – BA or BS – or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud technologies
- 5+years of experience leading a technology team
- Azure or AWS certified
- Deep knowledge of AWS and Azure services, infrastructure and functionality:
• Azure Resource Manager, including developing templates
• IaaS - VMs, Storage, Networking, Images, ExpressRoute, Load Balancing, Availability Sets, Scale Sets.
• Operations Management Suite (OMS, CloudWatch)
• Azure Cost Management (ACM)
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, specifically:
• Native Container Tools (Docker etc.)
• Vendor Container Service (AKS, EKS)
• Expert level knowledge of pods, nodes, deployments (blue-green, canary, rollbacks etc.), load balancers and Helm charts
• Deploying microservices / Java REST based containers
• Maintaining Security in a Kubernetes cluster
• Deploying tools for container monitoring, metrics and logging
- Strong server administration skills (Windows, RHEL and Ubuntu preferred)
- Hands-on experience with automation, orchestration and system configuration tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform)
- Experience with source code management (Git and VSTS)
- Knowledge of infrastructure and application monitoring tools
- Bachelor’s degree – BA or BS – or equivalent experience
- Experience or awareness of working in an environment that handles critical patient or confidential data.
- Experience with working in DevOps teams and prior experience with automation projects (cloud or on premises).
- Experience creating infrastructure as code, including applications/servers blueprints, load balancers, networks, and other deployments.
- Experience with automating HA and DR Failovers using ASR.
- Familiarity with Azure big data solutions including HDInsight-Kafka & HDInsight-Spark. – preferred for senior only
- Understanding of API automation and tools integration.
- Ability to anticipate production needs and provide architectural solutions.
- Experience with user acceptance testing and environment troubleshooting.
Join us for development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.