Barnes Group Inc. has a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for a dynamic individual to play an integral role as the Cloud Infrastructure Manager to join its’ IT team. The Project Leader will be responsible for information technology infrastructure for Barnes group Inc. If you are a self-motivated, career-minded experienced and proven IT professional seeking an exciting growth opportunity, please submit your name for further consideration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage cloud infrastructure team comprised of IT infrastructure technical experts.
- Maintain close collaboration with internal & external partners to ensure the operation meets the digital strategy goals and priorities.
- Must be able to effectively coordinate and multi-task across various groups and functional teams inside and outside of the organization.
- Security first mindset for all solutions to protect our company, people and resources.
- Establish standards, tools, and processes to be used within the team and will have the processes in place to guarantee adherence to those standards.
- Ability to design the architectures for integrating core infrastructure technologies.
- Understand and support the underlying business processes, workflows, data and application platforms that depend on cloud services.
- Collaborate with application development teams to ensure seamless integration within the production environment.
- Ensure the day-to-day infrastructure operations meet performance expectations across the organization.
- Manage system support level on day-to-day operational issues, requests and project tasks involving various technologies e.g., Azure, Windows server, patching tools, server virtual machine sizing.
- Manage cost of cloud environment, in alignment with defined budget.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience managing a technical team.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in virtualized infrastructure, firewall configuration and routing, wired and wireless network configuration and support.
- 3+ years networking experience (LAN/WAN/MPLS/VPN), and hybrid cloud experience.
- 3+ years of active hands-on experience in cloud services (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS).
- DevOps practices and Agile project management.
- SQL database experience a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language across all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated and directed, keen attention to detail and customer service orientation. Project management, research, analytical and creative problem-solving skills highly desirable.
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are critical.
- Strong Team Manager and ability to work in a fast – paced deadline driven environment and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Bachelors’ degree in information technology, computer science related field or equivalent work experience required
- Certifications desirable in cloud, virtualization, firewalls and networking (Azure, AWS, VMWare, Fortinet)
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com, click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)