Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission-critical. West develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
As a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
West’s Global Technology Services (GTS) is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer
(eligible to work remotely in the United States). This team is responsible for the engineering and implementation of telecom-based systems such as ACD’s and PBX’s that directly create revenue for the company. The core focus of the role will be on Cisco provided platforms such as UCCE, BroadCloud, and CJP.
Our ideal candidate will understand the technical details of these platforms including the application layers, and fully understands how they inter-operate with each other and other 3rd party platforms. To be successful in this role candidates will need a strong Cisco voice background with an emphasis on understanding ACD’s and SIP protocol, undertaken automation efforts, excellent communication skills, ability to self-start and take initiative, and able to share their knowledge to mentor teammates. Attributes for success in this role:
- Always looking at maximizing efficiency through automation, standards and templates
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to improve the platform and the team
- Thrives on learning new areas and technologies
- Focused on seeing an issue, fixing an issue, and then teaching others about it
- Very collaborative
- 100% hands on engineering
- Ego is checked at the door
- Understands direction can change quickly
- Awareness of the emerging trends in enterprise networking including SD-WAN, hybrid cloud and application delivery
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, MIS, or a related field required with a Master's degree preferred, however equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Engineer level certification in at least one or more operating systems required (i.e MCSE, CCNA) preferred, but not required
- 7 years working in a multi-platform IT environment, including direct experience with one or more of the following operating systems: Windows, Unix/Linux or AIX
- 5 years technical experience with installing, configuring, and supporting enterprise-class server hardware, operating systems and associated equipment required
- 5 years designing and deploying complex platform solutions required
- 5 years experience with SIP/VoIP
- 4 years experience with ACD, preferably Cisco
- 2 years experience systems deployment – Linux, VM, Cisco and networking
Experience with the following technical proficiencies highly preferred:
West is connecting people and ideas. We are delivering on their potential. We are improving the way we work and live.
- Experience automating provisioning using Ansible (Python, YAML)
- Proficiency writing automation scripts in Python for day to day tasks
- Experience in a 24/7 environment
- Scaling out the infrastructure
- Supporting the development team
- Developing, configuring and optimizing implementation processes from inception through to start up to Go Live. Assessing processes, taking measurements and interpreting data
for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network – based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
We Connect. We Deliver. We are WEST.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This position will be posted for 7 days or until the position is filled.