Direct Hire | Full Time | Generous Salary | Benefits | PTO
The Billing & Collections Manager will be directing and coordinating the overall functions of the medical billing and collections office to ensure maximization of cash flow from Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial Insurance Payors while improving patient, physician, and other customer relations. Our ideal candidate will possess strong managerial, leadership, and business acumen as well as strong knowledge of Commercial Insurance contracting, and managed care negotiating skills. The Billing & Collections Manager will be proficient in the establishment of new providers setup in all Payor's processing systems., critical thinking and the ability to produce and present detailed billing activity reports.
- Medical billing
- Collections, payment posting, revenue cycle, third party payers
- Medicare, Medicaid, and Federal payer regulations.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD10 codes, HCFA 1500, UB04 claim forms
- HIPAA, billing, and insurance regulations
- Medical terminology, insurance benefits, and appeal processes.
- Knowledge of business management and basic accounting principles to direct the billing and coding office.
- Minimum of five (5) years Medical Insurance/Healthcare Billing and Collections
- Experience in a Home Health, JHealth System or Hospice
- Complete understanding of medical billing rules and regulations.
- Two (2) years supervisory or management experience preferred.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered. Prior experience with an electronic medical record system required
- Associates degree in business administration or related field preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.