Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Biller / Collector position is an Accounts Receivable function. This position may be responsible for any or all of the following: data entry of encounter data (fee tickets) from the clinics; timely billing or filing of claims for services rendered at the clinics; reviewing claims that are rejected / denied / not paid for errors or incorrect filing with the insurance carriers and Medicare; billing patients and collecting for fees deemed to be the patient’s responsibility; billing secondary insurance.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Utilizes ICD and CPT codes to accurately enter encounter data from clinic fee tickets
- Reviews and processes EOBs that support payments from insurance carriers, Medicare or patients. Ensures accuracy of claims and fees billed
- Collects payment for claims and receivables from insurance carriers, Medicare and/or patients
- Communicates with the clinics to obtain corrected or additional data
- Communicates with insurance plans and researches health plans on internet for benefits or types of coverage
- Reviews and processes HCFA claim forms and identifies errors in billing
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two or more years of related billing and/or collection experience
- Strong attention to detail and professional customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- One to two years of relevant medical experience; medical terminology, and ICD/CPT coding
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 90,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Keywords: Collections, billing, San Antonio, Texas, TX