College Intern – May 2022 (Undergrad – Finance Intern – Mebane, NC – ELDS)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
The role reports to the Business Controller.
- Performs analyses of business performance versus budget and forecast and support Controller with improvement actions
- Performs benchmarking of key performance indicators and financial analysis as requested by the controller
- To collect, understand, process, verify and analyze the drivers of financial performance and identify trends
- Provides information to Controller/management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations
- Maintains proper audit trail and documentation for future tax/ internal/external audits and reviews
- Adhoc projects, as required by business
- Currently enrolled in a degree program in the US in finance or accounting
- GPA 3.0 plus
- Detail-oriented team player
- Good communication and negotiation skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with varying due dates
- Must have knowledge of the basic principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis
- Ideal candidate should be familiar with MS office and open to learning ERP (SAP)
- Must be currently authorized to work for ABB in the US
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.