College Intern – Summer 2022 (Undergrad – Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Technician – New Berlin, WI – Motion Drive Products)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Drive Products is a technology leader serving industries, infrastructure and machine builders with world-class drives and soft starters. With our products, global scale and local presence, we help our customers to improve energy efficiency, productivity and safety. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
The role reports to the Advanced Manufacturing Manager and New Berlin, Wisconsin. As a Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Technician Intern, you will be responsible for being a key member of the team to lead and drive projects to improve safety, quality, and productivity of the operations. This role will be a very hands on role working to create and build the jigs, fixtures, material presentation carts, workstation designs, and visual management methods to deliver world class solutions to specific manufacturing problems or opportunities.
- Safety – Responsible for identifying and improving safety at the site through use of technology, work cell redesign, improved ergonomics, and other means.
- Quality - Responsible for helping to deliver world class quality by working to create poke-yoke and error proofing into our assembly lines.
- Lean – This role will be instrumental in 3P new production lines or changes, implement poke-yoke, and drive improvements to the material delivery and presentation at the site.
- Project Management – The individual will be responsible for planning and executing multiple projects at the same time and utilize good project management skills by managing risk, understanding critical path and dependencies to meet project goals on time.
- Change Management – This individual will lead change at the site and must work collaboratively with stakeholders and will be a key conduit between planned changes and execution of changes at the shop floor and must work well in a change environment.
- Automation – Contribute or depending on skill of individual, lead automation improvements to the facility with implementation of key manufacturing process technologies including but not limited to robotics, vision systems, AGVs, moving lines, and other poke-yoke controls. Specifically, the role will likely assist with mechanical design of systems but not limited to electrical and controls if the knowledge exists.
- Pursuing technical degree in Engineering or related engineering/science field.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience in a manufacturing assembly environment as intern or employee in past.
- Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing Concepts.
- Basic understanding of CAD (Autodesk/AutoCAD preferred).
- Able to work independently and structurally, as a team player and under pressure.
- Successful at managing multiple priorities and tasks.
- Must have valid US work authorization and must not require sponsorship for an employment visa by ABB at any time in the future.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.