College Intern – Summer 2022 (Undergrad – ETO Technical Solutions Engineering Intern - Gas Analysis - Bartlesville, OK – PAMA)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.
The role reports to the Technical Solutions Manager and is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.
- Perform basic design tasks, standard computations, and preliminary solution specification with respect to Engineered-to-Order (ETO) Integrated Gas Analyzers (Natural Gas Chromatographs)
- Document technical details and deliverables for new solutions to be checked by Technical Solution Engineer (TSE), while participating in technical reviews and customer discussions
- Creating preliminary Bills of Materials, manufacturing resource requirements, and engineering estimates for new project opportunities
- Contributing technical details and perspectives to TSE regarding new projects, contributing to development of technical presentations, drawings, and demonstrations of complex product issues
- Utilize standard processes and tools applicable to the ETO Analytical group. Report process and tool inefficiencies, suggest ideas for improvement, & contribute to effort to implement suggestions when necessary
- Working and networking with engineering colleagues, gleaning best practices from legacy knowledge within the industry
- Participate in specialized training on products, solutions, and services
- Currently enrolled (Junior or Senior) in an engineering and/or chemistry-related degree program in the US
- GPA 3.0 plus
- Experience in the following areas encouraged but not required: Natural Gas Chromatography, Stream Compositions and Sample Conditioning
- Must be currently authorized to work for ABB in the US
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.