Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
The role reports to the Executive - Product Manager and is located in Plano, Texas. As a Commercial Finance Manager, will be responsible for all Commercial Finance tasks globally. Supporting the Commercial Directors you will drive and monitor the financial performance of all commercial regions. This role will partner closely with Electrification Power Conversion (ELPC) CFO.
The Commercial Finance Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. She or he will be the Commercial Director’s finance partner. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy
- Work with the CFO, Senior Finance Manager and Sales Management team to set KPI’s for all product lines & Sales team members including targets for orders, sales and AR Past Due.
- Owns the quarterly commission process and works with Sales Leadership to calculate the internal sales rep payouts.
- Partner with the Sales Team monthly to track external sales rep performance and calculate commissions based on the sales agreements and contracts while approving any exceptions.
- Participate and/or lead Continuous Improvement projects that focus on improving the commission process and product line tracking and visibility.
- Develop model to evaluate sales mix by product line and customer and review results with the Commercial and Finance teams.
- Partner with the Finance Managers to understand key drivers of product line performance each month and make recommendations to enhance performance to KPI’s.
- Understand the pricing strategy set by Marketing; develop tools to review pricing performance and make recommendations to maximize price realization.
- Reviews and approves customer contracts and changes to standard terms/conditions as set by the delegation of authority.
- Create standard gross margin reporting by product family for each vertical market segment globally.
- Ownership of the ELPC weekly flash reporting of sales and orders to the ELPC Senior Leaders.
- Manage all local SAP ERP and reports and partner with Management to ensure accuracy of Business Objects reports.
- Ensure all Commercial processes follow ELPC and Corporate Financial Policies and US GAAP.
- Develop and maintain repository of Commercial Finance Policy.
- Internal Control process owner for front-end activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or other fields with minimum of 5+ years of experience in Finance role.
- Master in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Data Science or related fields.
- 10+ years of experience in Commercial Finance role.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Able to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues.
- Strong communication skills and experience working cross-functionally across departments.
- Functions well under pressure; consistently pays attention to accuracy and quality of work.
- Experience in managing reporting within enterprise-level systems like SAP, Qlikview, Abacus and Atlas are preferred.
- Expert with Excel and PowerPoint Advanced financial modeling and quantitative skills with a passion for using data to drive better decision-making.
- Able to work with global remote teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Energetic and flexible - capable to meet all deadlines and ad-hoc requests.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- PC proficiency.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.