Learns how to conduct inspections to identify infestations or conditions conducive to infestations of insects, birds, or other vertebrate pests for the purpose of making proposals and presentations to obtain sales contracts.
- Attends company training programs and accompany other associates or managers during ride-alongs in order to learn job skills such as:
- Recording accurate measurements and writing correct descriptions of property and/or other areas inspected
- Preparing appropriate specs and treating instructions in accordance with existing laws, regulations, and company policy
- Calculating job treating costs from company pricing instructions
- Executing contracts on behalf of the company, observing company policy pertaining to credit terms of sale
- Maintaining equipment, vehicle, and personal safety equipment in clean, working order
- Learning sales techniques and product knowledge in order to sell termite control protection and renewals and/or monthly pest control protection to owners or agents of homes, stores, or industry
- Gaining experience in dealing courteously with customers, leaving customers' premises and furnishings clean and as found
- Passes all state licensing and/or company requirements
- Attends call sessions to learn how to effectively collect on delinquent accounts of personal sales contracts
- Contacts customers after service is performed to ensure satisfaction and develop additional prospects
- Develops termite and/or pest control sales leads for each respective office lead furnished
- High school education or general education degree (GED) required
- Six to twelve months related experience and/or training in sales and dealing with the public or equivalent combination of education and experience is strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license from current state of residence required
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to calculate rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds regularly and 11-20 lbs frequently, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Regularly sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Regularly use legs and/or hands and arms to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc.
- Maintain his/her balance when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surface.
- Safely operate a motor vehicle.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Have close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach.
- Incumbent will be subject to:
- Occasionally wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including, but not limited to an OSHA compliant respirator.
- Regularly work in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.