Location : West Fargo, ND|Bismarck, ND|Minneapolis,MN
This position entails the effective sourcing of commodities used in the manufacturing or sales of Doosan Bobcat products. Commodities may include raw materials, finished components, and indirect. Maintain assigned accounts. Partner with suppliers that will provide the quality, price and timely delivery required to meet Doosan's requirements. This role will provide direct factory support for the assigned commodity.
Cost, Quality & Delivery Improvement:
- Sourcing Specialist must educate themselves with regards to commodities they are responsible for and maintain a good working knowledge of Doosan products.
- Sourcing Specialist works with all the facets of the Doosan organization to achieve various metrics.
- Must support the supply chain to ensure adequate flow of materials to the operations at the right, in the right amount.
- Alignment of strategic goals with the organization.
- Achieve annual productivity goals.
- This individual will be responsible for strategic development of their assigned suppliers.
- Extensive travel is involved in the establishment of sound relationships and the verification of suppler capabilities.
- This individual must keep abreast of market conditions and changes within the supplier's organization that may affect our relationship.
New Product Development Support:
- Support the organization on all new product development programs and value analysis/value engineering programs.
- Ensure that appropriate product launch plans are in place during the New Product Development phases including aftermarket.
Direct Factory Support
- Single source communication point for Operations to discuss out and in sourcing activities
- Engineering-General or Business Administration- Preferred
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree - Required
- Must be able to communicate with everyone within an organization from persons on the shop floor to CEOs of major corporations
- Must practice good judgement which allows the individual to commit to the most appropriate action after considering alternate courses of action.
- Must have leadership skills which will allow the buyer to persuade others to also accept this action and help implement the action plan.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience: 0>2 required, 5-7+ years preferred
- Travel Required: 25-50%
- Global Breadth: North America
- Simultaneously support the positive resolution of multiple issues on multiple projects without constant supervision.
- This role will be responsible for an annual spend percentage and/or total direct spend.
- Global Travel occasional.
Doosan Bobcat is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we will not provide sponsorship or support for any immigration status for this position.
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.