Responsible for the activities of assigned commodities in the Casting, Forging & Machined Components category. Must control and reduce the transaction costs for the products associated with the manufacture of product lines.
Additional Job Locations Considered: Bismarck, ND; Gwinner, ND; Wahpeton, ND; West Fargo, ND; Litchfield, MN; Minnepolis, MN; Johnson Creek, WI
Role & Responsibility
Coordinate Commodity Lines
- Responsible for the overall coordination and efforts of assigned commodity lines, supporting multiple production facilities in multiple regions
- Reduce or maintain the price of goods and services procured, as well as their associated costs
- Assure that the suppliers are financially sound and work on the Company's behalf, generating the best contracts possible for the manufacture of product lines
- Build strong, value-adding relationships with suppliers, internal customers, and cross-functional departments and assure accurate/on time reporting of the sourcing metrics
Cost & Quality Improvement
- Support cross-functional efforts to reduce costs, standardize components, and adapt new supplier technologies.
- Work closely with operations facilities to achieve operational objectives – cost, quality, delivery, and inventory management.
- Ensure acceptable quality levels and continuity of supply for all assigned commodities through implementation of supplier management and supplier development programs.
- Build a strategic purchasing plan that adds value to the organization and achieves targets and reach yearly productivity improvement goals.
- Support Engineering and Marketing on all new product development programs (NPD) and value analysis/value engineering (VA/VE) projects and ensure that appropriate product launch plans are put in place during the NPD phases
- Meet operational objectives -- cost, quality, delivery, and inventory management
- Meet productivity improvement goals
- Effective management of Commodity Leaders and Commodity Managers
- Coaching and mentoring to create a strong talent pipeline
- People development and effective pipeline management
- High level of negotiation skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Ability to support multiple production facilities in multiple regions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, MBA desired
- 10-15 years’ experience
- 25 - 50% travel
- Global Breadth- North America
• Simultaneously support the positive resolution of multiple issues on multiple projects without constant supervision.
• This role will be responsible for an annual spend percentage and/or total direct spend.
• Global Travel occasional.
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers – and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.