We are assisting a global auto finance company in their search for a Compensation Analyst/Benefit Manager (Total Rewards). The client is interested in candidates with a strong Compensation background, who can manage daily activities as well as project work. Must be strong in analytics. This is a role that will grow in depth and responsibility.
• Develops and implements compensation strategies utilizing market and internal factors and align
compensation philosophy across multiple geographies.
• Partners and advises business leaders and HR Business Partners for design of pay programs, leads continuing
evaluation of variable pay programs to support the desired pay-for-performance culture and establish a high-
• Provides guidance to business planning teams on competitive enhancement and maintenance of incentive
programs across businesses. Ensures alignment of incentive design for business and organizational goals.
• Advises leadership on legislative activity at the state and federal levels as it relates to compensation policies
Knowledge and Skills
• Application of compensation theories and practices to abstract challenges and problems
• Working knowledge of applicable local, state and federal regulations affecting compensation and benefits
• Strong project management skills with proven ability to effectively lead project teams.
• Advanced working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint a must; Access, a plus
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn quickly
• Must be highly analytical and detailed oriented
• Ability to manage internal and external confidential information
• Strong negotiation skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work successfully with internal and external organization
Education and Experience
• BA/BS or significant combination of education/experience
• Minimum ten (10) years of Compensation related experience required (managing HR Rewards, in complex corporate organizations with significant Project Management experience in HR Programs; preferably at a medium-sized enterprise (~2000 employees)
• Minimum three (3) years' experience leading others
• Consultant experience with large HR firms preferred
• CCP or CEBS certification, strongly preferred
• Working knowledge of HRIS, preferably Oracle
• Global Compensation experience is a plus
• Experience with human resources metrics and performance management is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.