Staff Auditor - Compliance
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation’s leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.
Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry; we take pride in ensuring that all Clayton homeowners receive a high level of customer service from the time they visit one of our Home Centers all the way through to the time they take ownership of their new home.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for work on various audit projects to contribute to the completion of the audit plan, focused on customer experience and the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serve as a participating auditor or auditor-in-charge for various audit assignments across Clayton’s Mortgage subsidiaries by:
- Planning, scoping, developing and executing audit programs under the supervision of a project lead.
- Communicating progress, any issues and audit findings to management on a timely basis
- Collaborating with management to co-develop appropriate recommendations and action plans to address findings.
- Reviews existing test plans and works to find efficiencies, including using automation or analytic techniques.
- Finishes projects on time and on budget.
- Conducts follow-up testing on corrective action for previously identified issues.
Serve as an advisor to management on more complex projects by:
- Developing subject matter expert knowledge of mortgage compliance regulations.
- Developing a solid understanding of the business strategies and operations for the specific area or process under review.
- Communicating with and educating process owners on the importance of controls and an effective control environment.
Providing audit project support to Lead and Intermediate auditors by carrying out audit tasks as assigned.
- Focus on developing audit techniques and skillset in planning, testing, work paper development and report writing.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels.
- Completes training to develop audit skills and works towards achieving or maintaining. professional certifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned including management special requests.
- Flexibility to travel on as “as-needed” basis to support the audit plan, up to 15%.
- This position may allow working 50% from a remote location.
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, general business, or equivalent experience.
- 0-3 years related work experience in professional compliance or operational auditing at a financial services organization a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and Word, including advanced formulas and features.
- Ability to analyze data to provide insights to management.
- Experience using or desire to learn analytic tools such as Excel, ACL, or Tableau and developing queries using SQL a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively using various mediums across multiple levels of management and staff.
- Experience creatively solving problems by conducting independent research and communicating with outside teams.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple deadlines, complete tasks timely and follow up as needed to complete projects within time and schedule budgets.
- Professional, well organized, thorough, committed, and urgent.
- Self-starter with ability to work under constructive supervision.
- Experience adapting from working in a team environment to working individually.
- Applicants with a family member employed by Clayton (or other relationship presenting a conflict of interest) may not be considered.
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site workout facility
- On-site restaurant
You will find much more information about Clayton Homes by visiting our career site at:
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804