Intermediate Auditor – Compliance
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation’s leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.
Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry; we take pride in ensuring that all Clayton homeowners receive a high level of customer service from the time they visit one of our Home Centers all the way through to the time they take ownership of their new home.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for work on various audit projects to contribute to the completion of the audit plan, focused on customer experience and the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a participating auditor or auditor-in-charge for various audit assignments across diverse industries by:
- Planning, scoping, developing and executing audit programs under the supervision of a project lead
- Communicating progress, any issues and audit findings to management on a timely basis
- Collaborating with management to co-develop appropriate recommendations and action plans to address findings
- Reviews existing test plans and works to find efficiencies, including using automation or analytic techniques
- Finishes projects on time and on budget
- Conducts follow-up testing on corrective action for previously identified issues.
- Serve as an advisor to management on more complex projects by:
- Maintaining subject matter expert knowledge of mortgage compliance regulations
- Maintaining a solid understanding of the business strategies for the specific area or process under review
- Communicating with and educating process owners on the importance of controls and an effective control environment
- Takes an active role in training and mentoring of new and junior team members:
- May provide feedback on a project basis by reviewing work papers and providing feedback to the project team.
- Participate in the compliance risk assessment and development of the overall compliance audit plan.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels
- Completes training to develop audit skills and work towards achieving or maintaining professional certifications
- Perform other duties as assigned including management special requests
- Flexibility to travel on as “as-needed” basis to support the audit plan
- This position may allow working 50% from a remote location after in initial supervisory period.
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or general business
- CPA, CIA or other audit certifications preferred
- 3-5 years of related work experience in mortgage compliance, banking, or financial services auditing.
- Strong knowledge of Federal mortgage-related compliance regulations.
- Experience writing queries and developing test plans using SQL a plus.
- Collaborative, practical approach to interactions with business partners.
- Delivered valuable insights by developing custom analytics and reports using ACL, IDEA, Tableau or other analytic software
- Experience conducting independent research and applying the information learned to audit work.
- Proficient in Excel and Word, including advanced formulas and features
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, across multiple levels of management and staff
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple deadlines, complete tasks timely and follow up as needed to complete projects within time and schedule budgets
- Professional, well organized, thorough, committed, urgent, and a resourceful problem solver
- Self-starter with ability to work under constructive supervision
- Experience adapting from working in a team environment to working individually
- Knowledge of analytics tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, ACL, or IDEA is a plus.
- Due to audit restrictions, unable to consider candidates currently working for Vanderbilt Mortgage.
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site workout facility
- On-site restaurant
- Tuition Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
You will find much more information about Clayton Homes by visiting our career site at:
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804